Enrol between the hours of 10am – 12pm During Term at the Dr Pirie Centre
- You normally must be 50 years or older to join. The committee may give younger people (nearly 50 years old) permission to join. Anyone under 50 years old will not be covered by our insurance.
- You can live in any area.
- You do not need to be a pensioner.
- Once you become a member you can attend as many classes as you like, if there is a vacancy.
You will be notified if a class is full.
- Our financial year is from January to December.
Annual Membership fees are:
$45 Single or $80 for a pensioner couple.
What is U3A
The U3A movement is a worldwide self-help organisation promoting learning for personal enjoyment and satisfaction.
Liverpool U3A is one of many in Australia. Formed in 1994 we aim to provide leisure and educational courses to local Seniors. We have a membership of around 300 and offer on average 30 courses per year, most of which are at no
extra cost to members. All staff and tutors are volunteers from the membership. Classes are mainly small, friendly and informal. Our theme is “by the members, for the members” and our motto is ‘learning for pleasure’.
Those who learn shall teach and those who teach shall learn and there will be no distinction between the two.
The emphasis shall be on learning for the love of it.
Learning shall take place in a friendly supportive social environment.
The courses of the U3A shall be determined by the needs and preferences of members.
There shall be no qualifications for membership, and no awards, degrees, or diplomas shall be given.
There shall be no payments to any person for teaching or providing a service.
Membership is for retired and semi-retired people aged from 50 years of age.