Members are not always aware of the rules and conditions of membership to Liverpool U3A, they are:-
1. You normally must be 50 years or older to join. The committee may give younger people permission to join.
2. You can live in any area.
3. You do not need to be a pensioner.
4. Once you become a member you can attend as many classes as you like, if there is a vacancy.
You will be notified if a class is full.
5. Our financial year is from January to December. Membership fees are $45 per year or $80 for a pensioner couple.
6. All our tutors and office workers are unpaid volunteers. Tutors do not need to be over 50 and can join in any of the classes.
All tutors are automatically made honorary members of Liverpool U3A for the term of their tutorship with all rights of a fully paid member. Should any tutor feel that they wish to contribute financially to the organisation it would be greatly appreciated.
7. Towards the end of each term you will receive a newsletter telling you what classes are available.
8. At the end of term 1, 2 and 3 you will also receive an enrolment form, this form must be returned to the office with the classes of your choice ticked. If you are going to be away at the end of term, please phone the office and let them know what you would like to do. Remember we only phone you if your chosen class is full.
9. Any financial member can attend the Management Committee meetings held on the first Wednesday of the month at 1pm.
10. We normally have a computer waiting list, so please let us know if you do not want to continue with a computer class. If you do not attend a computer class for 2 weeks running without an explanation your place may be given to someone from the waiting list. With the computer classes we do expect you to attend nearly all the classes in the term. So if you are going on holidays maybe leave the computer class until you return.
11. If you would like to bring a friend to a class, first check with your tutor, this may be o.k. for a special outing, but we would expect your friend to join Liverpool U3A if they want to join the classes on a regular basis.
12. Tea and coffee is available at the Dr. Pirie Centre for 50 cents.
13. Members are expected to assist when required to set up tables and chairs etc.
14. Once you are a member and have paid your membership fees, most classes have no additional cost. except for the cost of your materials, internet or printer use, or contribution to tutors costs.
15. If you require photocopying the office staff can do this for you, at a cost of 10 cents for black and 30 cents for coloured, A4.
16. The office will be closed during the term breaks, but office staff do check the answering machine and mail during this break. If you would like to change any of your classes please contact the office during term time.
The rolls are compiled during the break.
17. If you are going to be away for a few weeks, e.g. for holidays please let your tutor know, so they won't worry about you.
18. We do have a Welfare Officer, so if you know of anyone who has been sick in hospital, or suffered from a bereavement, let us know and a card will be sent.
19. Members and Casual Visitors are covered by our Public Liability Insurance.
20. Our enrolment days are held mid January where you will be issued with a new membership number.